Monday, September 17, 2007

New Aquisitions

I'm sorry I didn't post this before now. To be honest, I was a tad lazy. ^^; Anyhoos... I went to the Fingerlakes Fiber Arts Festival this weekend. I managed to talk my mom into going with me (after Maryland S&W, I no longer like going far places by myself). She grumbled for a bit, but quickly enough slipped into the "ooh! soft! must buy!" mode. XD She bought a wooden DPN holder and one of those Rakestraw Spinners, then complained that she spent more than me. Well... not to be outdone, I bought a spinning wheel. My first spinning wheel. It's a Hitchhiker from The Merlin Tree. It's really cute and I like the design.

The only problem is... I have NO idea how to spin on a spinning wheel! XD

It's ok, tho. I know of a place not too far from where I live where they give spinning lessons on a wheel. I'll probably pack up my teeny wheel and head out there sometime for a lesson. I think I've gotten the hang of working the treadle on my own. Well... it's something! XD

3 comments:

omly said...

Ooo pretty wheel!

Kristen said...

It's not hard. Tie a leader to your bobbin (just like you would for a spindle) then thread the leader through the hole at the end of the flyer (the orifice). Then push your wheel and start treadling. The rest is the same from there.

I look forward to seeing some of your handspun.

DecemberFlower said...

I hope you're having fun with your wheel. I'm still trying to get the hang of mine.