Wednesday, June 27, 2007

One down, one to go...

Well, I finished my sock. One of them. I'm really not happy with the color of the yellow. It's far too yellow and not gold enough. I probably will just knit up the other one and add a touch of orange to both with kool-aid dyeing. But it sure did come out pretty. =)

I'll also show you the sock I knit up before. It's a bit.... short for my foot by half a size. XP But I am extremely happy with the colors. I hated knitting in DMC cotton, tho. ^^; I need to find wool in appropriate colors. *sigh* I probably will end up knitting up it's mate... if only to just put it out of my mind. Hopefully the little bit of orange added to the new pair (which is knit in 100% peruvian wool) will make me dance with Gryffindor joy. =3

100% Peruvian wool Gryffindor Scarf inspired sock:



And the DMC Cotton Gryffindor Scarf inspired sock:


Edit: After a bit of wearing, the DMC cotton sock is stretching to my foot size. Maybe it just needed blocking. But it still feels a bit... weird. Sure is pretty, tho! ^^;; I'm gonna have to buy or make a sock blocking... thing.

No comments: